Thursday 22 October 2009

Linda Zacks


ILLUSTRATION, DESIGN, ART, WORDS

I found Linda Zacks whilst trying to get inspiration for a typography project. I love her style. I tried to imitate some of her pieces, which I have posted on my 'Design Practice' blog.

Project titled : ENVIRONMENT

Picture below representing the world. All the bright colours exploding out give the impression of how busy the world is and uncontrollable the environment is.
I love the vast use of colours and how bold it stands out from the worn cardboard. The words, images and colours work well together to give a jumbled effect.


The image below I tried to imitate. I like how the piece is mainly made up of paint splodges and dripping paint yet you can still see the image wanting to be portrayed, of a building scape. It looks like a sunset.



My inspired version:

This is taken from one of Linda's books. She has a few books posted online of places she has been and things she has seen. I could spend hours looking through her books. They are all so individually styled and all in the styles i love to work in, mainly being messy and abstract.

Below is a piece made for an advertising campaign for the Adobe 3 Suite. It explores different materials ad techniques.

PAPER, STICKY TAPE, INK, SCRIBBLES, CUT AND STICK, SWIRLS, BRUSH STROKES, ETC.

I like how busy the picture is, yet it is still easy to define the letterform.


No comments:

Post a Comment